Visiting New & Old Favorites In Richmond, VA

Monday, August 07, 2017


I spent a few days in Richmond, Virginia last week for a work trip. Richmond is one of my favorite cities to visit, not only for nostalgic reasons but because there's always something new to see/visit.  It seems like there's a new restaurant or shop opening every week! This trip was pretty quick and spent mostly in the office with my work peeps, but it was the perfect amount of time to get reacquainted with my old city and try out some new-to-me places.

I had just wrapped up my second round of BBG before this trip, so I decided to take a week off from workouts and take lots of walks while I was traveling instead. Each morning I'd get up early to walk to a new juice place right down the street from my sister's place. Morning walks with a delicious smoothie in hand is pretty close to perfection. They also sold lunch boxes of chicken salad with veggies & pita bread that I would take into the office for lunch. Another morning I walked to The Fresh Market down the street to pick up some lunch goodies. You Richmonders are so spoiled with all these awesome places within walking distance! I tried to take advantage of it as much as possible.

I had to go out to Hollywood Cemetery one day for a work meeting, but I was secretly elated because this is one of my favorite spots to visit in Richmond. The photo above is taken in Presidents Circle of Hollywood Cemetery, overlooking the James River. It is a must-see if you haven't been before!

Other highlights were eating biscuits and jam at Early Bird Biscuit Co., the asparagus pea risotto at The Daily, pasta at Arianna's Grill (are you sensing a theme yet?), long walks along Monument Avenue, and a Squirrels baseball game. I ran out of time before I could try Gelati Celesti, Boulevard Burger & Brew, The Good Leaf Salad Market and shop at Boketto but there's always next time! I think my list of must-sees will have doubled by then.



North End Juice Co.
718 N. Cleveland St. Richmond, VA

Early Bird Biscuit Co.
119 N. Robinson St. Richmond, VA

The Daily Kitchen & Bar
2934 W. Cary St. Richmond, VA

Arianna's Italian Grill & Pizza
700 N. Sheppard St. Richmond, VA

Hollywood Cemetery
412 S. Cherry St. Richmond, VA

If you're planning a trip to Richmond anytime soon, check out the posts under my Richmond tag for some more of my favorite places. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay! I'm so glad you were able to try North End. Ironically enough, I am always torn between my two favorites - North End and Early Bird. :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe