Fireplace Inspiration

Tuesday, August 08, 2017

 (source)

One of the features I'm most excited about in our house is the fireplace. It was built on the wall that separated a family room from a formal living room. Since two living spaces seemed pointless to us and we really wanted an open-concept layout, we decided to remove the wall and create a walk-around fireplace. It will still separate the two rooms but make everything look much more open. The three sides of the fireplace that were originally hidden behind drywall will be covered once again (I'm thinking shiplap!!) and the front will remain brick. I'm still on the fence about painting the brick white. I think I want to live with it for a while before deciding whether a lighter color would look better.

I've had to search high and low to find some photos of what I have in mind. Most of what I was able to find are pictures of two-sided fireplaces. Ours will only have an opening on one side, but the look will more or less be the same. I can't wait to see how it turns out!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe