August Goals

Tuesday, August 01, 2017


Happy August 1st! I always feel a twinge of sadness when August arrives because it means the brunt of summer is over. I can't help but feel excited this year, though, because August means we're that much closer to finishing our remodel. I've never been one to wish away summer, but I've got this image in my mind of Mark & I curled up in front of our fireplace on a chilly fall night and being able to just walk into my new kitchen for a cup of tea. Or, better yet, a slice of chocolate chip pumpkin bread because I'll finally have an oven to bake in! As much as I love summer, that's a pretty hard image to resist. I have to squint a bit to picture it when I'm standing in the mess that is our house at the moment, but every week that goes by gets us closer.

August goals for the house:
Install the main support beams. Removing the load-bearing wall has been the biggest undertaking in this house so far. It's the project we've talked about for over five months and it''s finally (almost) complete. We thought we'd get it done in May, then June, then July, and suddenly August is here and it's just now taking shape. I had no idea there was so much work involved in "knocking down a wall", but we're almost there. Framing to support the weight of the beams has been put in the basement and the beams are being delivered this week! Once they're on site, we'll begin building two temporary walls that will support the ceiling while the beam is going in and old walls are coming down. I feel like we'll be over the major hump of this remodel once the beams are in. Can't wait to check this one off the list!

August goals for myself:
Get 10,000 steps (or more) every day. I love taking walks around our neighborhood and am hoping to hit this goal every day this month. While I was in Richmond last week, I took a break from my BBG workouts and made walking my main source of exercise for the duration of my trip. It made life a little easier while I was traveling, but it also made me fall in love with long walks again. Especially early morning ones when I'm waking up to fresh air and bird songs. Every bit of fall I feel in the air just makes me want to be outside more, so I think this goal will help me soak up every last bit of summer while it's here.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. All I got from this post was "chocolate chip pumpkin bread." Leave it to the pregnant girl reading this. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um yes! I really don't want summer to leave, but baking all the goodies this fall will make up for it. :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe