Trend I'm Eyeing: Two-Toned Kitchens

Monday, June 19, 2017


There's still quite a bit of work left in our kitchen remodel, but it's safe to say I daydream about the finished product daily (if not hourly). The simple joy of being able to walk down the hall into my finished kitchen will not be something that wears off quickly. I can't wait to see it, use it, and live in it. 

I have always been a fan of white kitchens and still am! With most of this house, I've been drawn towards light colors, mostly neutrals and whites, and I thought I would do the same for the kitchen. That was until I set eyes on two-toned kitchens on Pinterest and fell in love with the idea of black lower cabinets. I think the contrast of black cabinets with white uppers and hardwoods is stunning! The problem is, I'm not sure if it would look good in my kitchen. Most of the two-toned kitchens I've seen have been much bigger and with lots of open shelving. That won't be the case due to the size and layout of our kitchen. But does it even really matter? White upper cabinets should keep things from looking too heavy even if there isn't any open shelving. Or maybe two-toned is just a trend that I'll grow tired of quickly? I know that I love all white and would be blissfully happy with it.....but everyone has a white kitchen these days. Should I take a risk? These are the questions I go back and forth on every single day. Luckily, we still have a little bit of time before I have to nail down a color. 

What do you think? Are two-toned kitchens a passing trend or a refreshing change?

 

sources: onetwothree

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe