A List of Happy Things + A Playlist

Monday, May 08, 2017


Last week was one of the most stress loaded weeks I've had in a long time. (Owning a home is not for the faint of heart!) One night I popped into my drafts folder and saw the start of this post. I thought about scrapping it until a later week, but ultimately decided that when it's hard to put together a list of happy things in your life, that's probably the moment when you need to do it the most. So that's what I did. I had to think long and hard, but I found the good.

Since last week, we had a very refreshing and productive weekend -- exactly what I needed before diving into another week. So think of this as your beginning-of-the-week reminder that the negative always seems much bigger than it actually is and the good is still there if you'll just change your perspective a bit.

A List of Happy Things:

1. Grilling out in the evenings. By default, it means that I cook much healthier and get to spend my evenings outside. Win win.

2. Saturday morning trips to the farmers market

3. Blaring playlists (like the one below) while I paint the bedrooms

4. Fresh strawberry ice cream on a Sunday afternoon

5. Surprise visits with my Papa

6. Warm apple fritters for breakfast

7. A super sweaty workout (when it's over, of course)

8. Spotting deer in the backyard first thing in the morning

9. Smelling the lilac bush in the neighbors yard when I'm outside

10. Reading a good book for hours (I'm reading this one right now)

11. Getting our kitchen layout nailed down

12. Toast with peanut butter & honey (ok, anything with honey)

13. Making progress on the seemingly never-ending painting

14. Going out for Mexican food after a long day of working on the house


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe