4 Ways To Refresh Your Bedroom This Spring

Wednesday, April 12, 2017


Anyone else feeling the need to completely purge the house this spring? Spring cleaning fever is no joke! Something about the warm air and brighter days makes me want to strip the house down to the bare necessities and get rid of all the clutter.

Our bedroom is down to just the essentials at the moment since we just moved into our house. Most of our belongings are still in boxes in the basement and they'll likely stay there for awhile since we have lots of projects planned for the upstairs. Even though it's incredibly simplistic, the "we just moved in" look has inspired me and feels fresh in a way.

If you're looking for ways to freshen up your own space (without packing up and moving), here are a few tips tips.

1. Flip the mattress. 
I'll be honest, I rarely ever do this and didn't know the reason for it until recently. Most experts, like Leesa, an online mattress company, recommend flipping your mattress to prevent sagging and depressions in the bed. Doing this at least once a year can help your mattress last 5-7 years longer! In the shuffle of moving our mattress into our new house, it was inevitably flipped and it's amazing the difference I feel in our bed now. I've slept so much better since!

2. Clear out the clutter.
I mentioned above that we're down to just the bare essentials at the moment and I'm not hating it. A clean bedroom feels so much more relaxing. At the moment, it's just our bed (which we placed on the floor), a pair of lamps, our dresser, and a floor-length mirror against the wall. Super basic, but it's honestly all we need! As we're unboxing and organizing different things, I've made sure to keep boxes and clutter out of the bedroom. At the end of the day, there's nothing like retreating to a clean room for the night.

3. Add some color.
Our room is very simplistic right now but I try to keep it from crossing into the "boring" zone by adding lots of color. I've added some bright pillow cases and a pretty coral-colored throw across the foot of the bed to help the room feel more spring-like.

4. Let the sunshine in.
Opening the curtains is one of the very first things I do after getting up in the morning. Sunshine streaming through the windows always puts me in a much better mood. I'll take a few quick minutes to make the bed and pick up any clothes that were left on the floor the night before. Sunshine + a clean room = instant refresh! If you have heavy curtains on your windows, switch them out for a light sheer. You can't go wrong with sunlight streaming in.

What are some ways you liven up your home during the spring?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe