On My Reading List

Monday, March 20, 2017


The stack of books on my bedside table has been growing at alarming rates lately. It's sad because I haven't had time (or made time) to curl up and read any of them lately. I need a beach day in the worst kind of way to power through a few of them. Remember those? An umbrella, a good book, and hours to spend in one spot?! When will those come around again?

In the meantime, I've been trying to replace the mindless phone scrolling before bed with more reading time. Not surprisingly, I usually sleep better when I read before bed instead of swiping candy around on a screen. Anyone else?

Here are a few books I plan to get to soon.

Dead Letters by Caite Dolan-Leach
A missing woman leads her twin sister on a twisted scavenger hunt. I'm one chapter deep and excited to see how it unfolds. It is recommended for fans of Gone Girl (although isn't every mystery these days?), so I'm hoping to be kept guessing and have a few surprises thrown in.

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
An eerie thriller about a weird, modern-day love triangle. This one peaked my interest because it promises to be exactly what you're not expecting. I'm all about a storyline that can surprise me, so I'm excited to see how this one holds up.

The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
I've heard so many good things about this one! It's a WWII story filled with love, betrayal, survival and Nazis. I'm a big fan of history-related novels so this one is high on the must read soon list.

What books have you read lately? Please share, even though it'll likely lead to me reserving more books at the library.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I really really enjoyed the Nightingale! I will have to check out the other two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Nightingale sounds right up my alley. I'll have to put it on my TR list! So I read The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it. Also recently read Mary's Mosaic by Peter Janney, and it completely blew my mind. Now I'm reading Provence 1970 by Luke Barr and it's just utterly delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe