Checking In

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Hi! My blogging calendar hit the dust last week, so I thought I'd just freestyle an update post of sorts today.

I survived the Great Wisdom Teeth Extraction of 2016 and lived to tell the tale! That makes it sound much more dramatic than it actually was, although I would beg to differ that anything involving stitches in your mouth is pretty dramatic. I was completely sedated for the procedure (thank goodness!), so basically I just took a nice deep nap and then felt groggy and out of it for the next two days. Whatever they used to put me to sleep was no joke! Mark was reminding me of some things we talked about right after and I had absolutely no memory of the conversation, even though I was apparently chatting away! I'm still a little miffed that I can't chew food without my teeth hurting, but a cold snap has hit Georgia this week so eating soup all the time really isn't that bad.

We went on two mini hikes over the weekend, mainly to get out of the house for a little while because cabin fever was seriously setting in. I took tons of pictures that I'm hoping to share on the blog later. Every time we take a trip to the mountains, I immediately want to go back. The leaves in North Georgia are just at the beginning of their peak and it's so beautiful up there! Here in Athens it still gets pretty toasty during the day, but at night it's perfect snuggling weather. I love cracking the window at night and then waking up in a freezing room in the morning....until I have to get out of the bed, at least.

Mark had Monday off work this week, so he took care of the grocery shopping and made supper for us. It's the little things. :) I've got a lot of things to get done this week for a fall get-together we're planning. I'm looking forward to a week full of all things fall, with no oral surgeons or stitches involved! What more could a girl ask for?

P.S. Speaking of doctors, I listened to this podcast episode this week about the secret, gruesome internet for doctors. Eek! I was wondering what doctors and nurses talk about while their patients are sedated and then this podcast freaked me out even more. Freakiness aside, Reply All has become one of my favorite podcasts to listen to lately. Highly recommend checking out their episodes the next time you're in a podcast-listening mood.

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe