A Slower Pace

Monday, October 10, 2016

hey-whitney-blog

There's something about fall that seems to ever so kindly invite everyone to just slow their roll.

Rein it in. Calm down. Relax.

Do you feel it too? It's like the foggy mornings, the longer evenings, and those gorgeous falling leaves are all joining forces to pump the brakes a little after the whirlwind of a summer that we've had. I love that about this season. It's like an open invitation to start getting cozy.

The sun is no longer shining all perky-like through my window in the mornings, so I start my mornings a little slower now, easing into them with some baked pumpkin oatmeal for breakfast and hot tea (yes, fall has even turned me on to hot tea!). Some mornings, I'm bundled in the oversized sweater that was on the shelves months to early, but came home with me anyway because I'm a sucker for cozy oversized sweaters. It's okay, though, because we're taking it slow and I'm enjoying every minute sitting here -- me, my sweater, and my tea.

hey-whitney-blog

I've started going over to the park at noon to walk for a little bit and take a break from my computer screen. Every day when I step out the door, without fail, I'm startled all over again by how beautiful the weather is. After a Georgia summer that felt like it started all the way back in December, I'm still surprised by the gusty undercurrents of fall that are in the air. It's a welcome surprise.

By 7pm, my day feels done. During the summer, my evening would just be starting, but now I'd much rather curl up on the couch with a second cup of tea, some yarn, and a crochet hook. Did I mention that fall also turns me into a little old lady?

I could never be unfaithful to my beloved summer months, but I've got to give October its due. It really is one of the best months of the year.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe