Thinking About Fall

Monday, September 12, 2016

image source: one / two / three / four

I usually hold onto summer's glory until the bitter end and try not to think about fall until I'm forced to, but this year fall has been on my mind more than usual. Maybe it's the golden haziness of it or the beauty of empty weekends on the calendar, but for whatever reason I'm looking forward to this new season. I've already got camping trips, crockpot chili, and evenings full of crochet projects on the brain. Not to mention, mums on the front steps and hikes to see the leaves change in the mountains. Oh, and ankle boots! I'm not wishing the rest of summer away (never!) but there's a happiness just in the anticipation of what's to come. 

A few things I'm looking forward to:



Roasting pumpkin seeds

Trying my hand at new crocheting projects

Eating all the sweet things

Hanging some fall-themed bunting

Simmering spices

Buying all the odd little pumpkins



Hosting a chili bar

Painting pumpkins


What are you looking forward to the most?
Follow

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Such a great post can't wait for fall to reach Texas! Loved your scarf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! If I use my imagination in the early mornings, it feels like fall here in Georgia. But really, it's still full-blown summer. :)

      Delete
  2. I am so ready for cooler weather but I don't think it's in DC's future at all. Although it was in the high 60's two mornings ago and I could almost close my eyes and pretend it felt like fall. I hope by the end of September it will start to feel cooler!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe