September Book Report

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

the-girls-book-review

Modern Lovers
This book sucked me right into the scenery and lives of the characters. I love it when you can so perfectly imagine the scenes of a story in your mind. It was the kind of book that I thought about even when I wasn't reading it. The story follows three former college bandmates who all live within walking distance of each other in Brooklyn, New York and are all struggling to come to grips with the startling realization of middle-age. I liked the way the author wrapped everything up in a tidy bow at the ending. I know some people prefer endings to be left to the imagination, but I personally liked the way she rounded out the story. Her book The Vacationers is next on my list.

The Girls
I was excited to read this book after hearing so much hype about it this year. It's set in Northern California near the end of the 1960s and is about a young girl who gets caught up with a Manson-like cult, although she doesn't know it at the time. The storyline was good, but the flashbacks between the main characters' teenage self and her much older self seemed a little pointless at times. Other than that, I enjoyed it!

Truly, Madly, Guilty
I love Liane Moriarty's books and this one didn't disappoint! It's about a group of friends and neighbors and a barbecue that left all of them reeling and learning new things about theirselves and their lives. You don't find out what the incident was until later in the story, so Moriarty keeps you guessing and coming back for more throughout the whole story.

If you're looking for more book recommendations, check out these posts:

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe