Richmond Walks

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

I've been loving my morning walks in Richmond this week. It's been nice keeping a regular routine, even while I'm traveling (I'm a weirdo, I know), plus getting outside first thing in the morning is such a peaceful way to wake up and face the day. I've always loved how walkable Richmond is. The scenery never disappoints and I appreciate it more and more every time I come back to visit. 

richmond walks
These photos were all taken around the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts which I've blogged about before here and here. I've only actually been inside the museum once, but their grounds could almost be the main attraction.  It's its own little oasis within the city and definitely worth a visit if you're in the area!

richmond walks
richmond-walks
I did a quick search for a new podcast to listen to on my walks and came across Revisionist History by Malcolm Gladwell. I've only listened to two episodes (Blame Game and Saigon, 1965) but, so far, I really like it. Gladwell picks a different event, idea, or person out of history every week and looks at it in a new way, trying to find something that was overlooked or misunderstood. Their tagline is "Because sometimes the past deserves a second chance." Take a listen the next time you're looking for a new podcast. It's really good!

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe