Dining Room Chairs Inspiration

Monday, August 08, 2016


Our dining room chairs have lived a long and varied life. They were originally owned by a dear little couple in the 1950s who lived in the house I would later grow up in. I'm not sure what year they bought the chairs, but they were passed on to my grandparents, then my parents, and finally me. My sister surprised us by having the bottoms reupholstered as a house-warming present when we lived in Richmond. You can see a glimpse of them in our old house's dining room tour.

As much as I love the sentiment behind these old chairs, they've definitely seen better days. Often, the seat will fall off (to the horror of our guests) and they've become quite rickety. I'm not ready to get rid of them quite yet, especially since we're trying not to buy a lot of new furniture while we look for a house.

In the meantime, though, I've been keeping my eye on a few different dining room chair styles that I think would go well with our dark farm table. The tabletop is a bit rustic and I love the juxtaposition of pushing modern dining chairs up to it. 


Some of my favorite places to look for dining room chairs lately have been Dot & BoWest Elm, Ikea, and Wayfair. Below are some options if we ever decide to upgrade.



sources: one / two / three / four

Follow

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Hey, If you love the chairs, see if you can fix them. I have a thing for retro. You can never duplicate it. I love West Elm as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I'm sure we'll be able to fix them with a little glue or some staples. The good thing about blogging is it's a great outlet for posting my dream wishlists, even when I don't really need new things. ;)

      Delete
  2. I love those white chairs, I recently bought a house and I am thinking of the dining room. I have those chairs in black but the dog decided to chew the legs.. might not do the wood thing again! but I love your choice!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe