5 Favorite Spotify Playlists

Tuesday, August 02, 2016


Around here, there's almost always music playing. I love playing records from our new console, but sometimes the convenience of technology wins out and I'll turn bluetooth on to play a Spotify playlist from my phone. Here are a few of my favorites that have been on rotation lately.


The New Retro  Fresh takes on vintage soul, blues, folk, Americana, and more — from the sweet crooners to raucous rockabilly.

I've always struggled to define the kind of music I like, and then I found this playlist that perfectly encapsulated the genres I'm drawn to. From now on, I'm calling my music style "new retro" and recommending this playlist to anyone looking for great new music.


Just Smile — Come on, man. Just smile!

This is such a perfect collection of songs for chilling out on a summer afternoon. It has a very mellow, beachy vibe. I like to turn this playlist on while we're fixing dinner and pretend we've just come in from the beach.
Rockin' Vibes The best in folk, rock, and indie

While this playlist includes a lot of the same artists as The New Retro playlist, it definitely has a more rock vibe. It's great for those times when you want a constant beat to keep you energized.




Newport Folk Festival 2016

I've loved listening to this playlist and discovering some new artists. One of these days, I would love to attend this Rhode Island festival.


Swagger These sexy, high-drama roots and Americana tracks pack some serious swagger

Whoever named this playlist did an excellent job. Swagger is the perfect word to describe these songs. It's very foot-stompy and perfect if you're in the mood for turning something up very loud and drowning in some bass.

Follow

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I love it when you share your Spotify playlists! It's always somehow right when I'm in a music slump too. So thank for re-energizing my week! Also, is that your piano? Because if so I am all kinds of jealous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying them. And, sadly no, that's just stock photos coming to the rescue. Although I would LOVE to have that piano in my house!

      Delete
  2. Great playlist! I use spotify all the time, it's crazy how you can always find something that matches your mood =) I teach French online and have a Spotify Playlist 100% French songs, and I find awesome the number of people who subscribe, just to "learn French" passively... Powerful tool!
    Thnaks for sharing your discoveries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea! Maybe that's what I need to try to finally learn more than a basic level of Spanish....

      Delete
    2. Yes you should try! It's very simple, not like active learning it gets you use to accent, intonations, pronunciation... Before a Spanish exam I'd stop studying 30mn before the test and only listen to my favorite Spanish songs to put me in the mood ^^

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe