This Week's Links 7.7.16

Thursday, July 07, 2016


If you're anything like me, you've had your days mixed up all week.  But guess what...it's almost the weekend! Coming back from vacation can be tough, so I was determined to beat the vacation blues this time. Our first day back, I made plans for the week so I would have something to look forward to every day -- simple things like working from a coffee shop one morning, shopping a Gap sale, and hanging out at a friend's pool. So far it has worked! It's been a great short week. Here are a few fun links from the week: 

I loved this quote from an interview with Danica Patrick: "I think if people want to feel good from the inside out, just become your own best friend. Can you hang out by yourself and find things to do and like those things? That's one of the things I've done over the past year or so — I've kind of become my own best friend when I'm home by myself. Whether it be walking the dogs, making some kind of new art, cooking, going in the garden, doing some yoga, or working out, I don't need anybody else to make me have a good day."

There's no such thing as a small act of kindness

Love this fireplace makeover

The sweetest stuffed animals

Make your own magic. "We're all too wrapped up in what we think we have to do, that we forget what we can do..." 

An important hack this time of year: How to cut a watermelon

Probably the best post from this week: That's a thing you can do?!!

Stop saying "sorry" when you mean to say "thank you"

I always forget about SPF on my lips while in the sun and that's the worst thing to get sunburned.

A few posts from the blog this week, in case you missed them:

Our trip to the beach for the Fourth of July

Three favorite albums I've had on repeat lately

Follow

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe