Summertime Essentials

Monday, June 20, 2016


That phrase has almost become a mantra for me these days, a daily reminder. It's easily one of the busiest seasons of the year right now with plans every weekend and lots of summer fun to get into, but I'm trying to be careful not look forward to so many different adventures that I forget that summer is here right now and it doesn't stick around forever. 

It has been blistering hot in Athens for the past few weeks, so I've been waking up early every day and getting outside just as the sun's peeking above the clouds (aka the only time to exercise outside without feeling like you're wrapped in a warm washcloth) and the earth just smells so good! The sunrises and sunsets are in daily competition with one another and it's barely dark outside when we crawl into bed at night. Every summer I drone on and on about how much I love this time of the year, but every summer just keeps giving me more reasons to love it! 

We're planning to escape to the beach for another long weekend soon (another win for summer!) and I had fun pulling together a few summertime essentials for the sand and sun. Now I just need a good beach read recommendation! Anyone?
beach-trip-essentials

Straw hat / to prevent raccoon-eye tan lines when you want to read a book
Towel /  to drape over that comfy chair with the cup holders 
Bikini top / to highlight those arm muscles you've been working on lately
Bikini bottoms / to add a little stripey fun 
Sunglasses / to people watch without them knowing
Water bottle / to stay hydrated in all that sun
Slip-ons / to stroll the boardwalk in 
Beach tote / to house the essentials like sunscreen, cell phones, and snacks

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I recently read Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and actually really enjoyed it! Mark and I want to take a long weekend and camp at Assateague State Park. I've wanted to go since reading Misty of Chincoteague as a little girl! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be so much fun! I've always wanted to go to Assateague and Chincoteague but have never been.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe