Catching Up

Monday, May 16, 2016


I flew to Virginia for a week to see the family and all my favorite Richmond coworkers. It was just like being back in college, bunking with my sister for a week and sharing a car. We went grocery shopping together, cooked dinner, and I even dragged her on a few morning walks against her will. Living out in the country now, I've missed how walk-able Richmond is — especially in the Fan. I loved being able to roll out of bed and go for a jog right outside the house without having to drive to a park. That being said, I actually really missed Athens this time. It's such a funny feeling to be torn between two cities. So many different things make them both feel like "home".

I started Tone It Up's 8-week workout series a few weeks ago and I was so proud of myself for keeping up with it while travelling. Somewhere around the two week mark, I found myself really enjoying it (probably the first time in my life that I've enjoyed a cardio or HIIT workout) and I'm excited to keep it up. I wouldn't mind starting the series over again once the 8 weeks are up in June. I think one of the biggest things that has helped me with this challenge is their printable schedules. Having something to reference every morning and cross off daily is a huge motivator for me. I love seeing what I've done throughout the week as a whole rather than just looking at each day. It also helped keep me on a schedule while I was in Richmond instead of sleeping in every morning!

We spent Mother's Day with my parents. They are in the process of building a new house and the teeny little one-bathroom house I grew up in will be torn down in a couple months. I didn't even think about it while I was there, but it was probably my last time sleeping in my childhood bedroom. The new house is awesome and there will be plenty of bathrooms for everyone when we all come home for holidays. :)

The blog was neglected while I was in Virginia. Work has been very busy lately and my evenings are mostly filled with getting outside to enjoy the weather or exercise, but I'm hoping to share the backlog of posts sitting in my drafts soon. Have a happy week!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe