Things I Would Buy If We Weren't On a BudgetTuesday, April 05, 2016
Oh, the things I would buy if we weren't trying to stick to a tight budget right now. The list grows daily and, while I've managed to be good for the most part, it's still not an easy task to resist. My strategy when I see something I really want is to hold off for a week or two. If I still really want it, then I can reconsider buying it. Most times though, I talk myself out of it because, you know, #adulting.
1. All the ranunculus in the Trader Joe's flower section
2. These black leather Vans. I've been drooling over them for ages now.
3. A linen bedspread
4. This sofa (or maybe this one...or this one)
5. Chinese takeout for dinner tonight
6. A barre class subscription
7. All those cute dresses I tried on in TJMaxx and then hung back on the rack
8. These peep toe booties
9. A beach vacation
10. Succulents, always more succulents
This entire list is made up of frou-frou items that I don't need and probably won't care about at all in 10 years time. But they all seem so perfect and — most importantly — needful when I'm standing in the store looking at them, thinking how stupid a budget is. But that's what blogs are for, right? To list out all the unnecessary things our heart desires so we can then go back to living real life — full of budgeting and grown-up things like saving for a house.