This Week's Notes 3.4.16Friday, March 04, 2016
Five things that made me happy this week:
- Sunday leftovers that lasted (almost) all week. We had a huge Sunday lunch with both sides of the family this past weekend which meant no meal planning or cooking for days afterwards. Win!
- Working outside. I couldn't stand being indoors another minute, so I created my own work area on the porch. Man, I love this weather so much!
- Finding a great neighborhood. More about this and our house search on Monday.
- Gravity, haha! We watched The Martian this week and — although outer space is stunning, I'll admit — I am very grateful to have my two feet safely grounded on earth.
- Snapchat filters. They are so utterly ridiculous, but had me laughing so hard I cried. Try the face swap one and you'll see what I mean.
Have a sunny weekend! Here are a few things I bookmarked this week:
The baffling reason why many millennials don't eat cereal anymore
Great tips for avoiding budgeting burnout
An easy way of documenting your kids' lives in the 21st century
The prettiest embroidered animal portraits
Spend your money on experiences, not things
Love Taza does such a good job documenting their family trips on video. I need to get better at this!
If you picked the next president based solely on their campaign logo, which would you choose?
The bedspread I would buy if I had an extra $400 laying around
What you're really seeing when you see "success"
5 things to catch up on before you start binging the new season of House of Cards