A Day Trip to Greenville, SC

Monday, February 22, 2016

day trip to greenville

Mark and I spent this past Friday night racking our minds for something fun to do over the weekend. When they're calling for spring-like weather in February you've got to take advantage of it and not waste it on a weekend of house cleaning and laundry. We thought about going on a hike somewhere, but as we were checking out different mountains on the map we realized that Greenville, South Carolina was only an hour and a half away - perfect daytripping distance! I had heard great things about this little city so we decided to make a day of it. 

one plaza, greenville sc
bridge at falls park, greenville sc

It felt like the day was fighting between spring and winter. The temps were warm, but the sky was gray and spitting rain at us. I grabbed my big coat right as we were walking out the door that morning and was very happy to have it once we got to Greenville. The gray skies didn't stop us, though, and we ended up walking around town for a good three hours or so. We spent the majority of our time at Falls Park on the Reedy, a beautiful park right in the center of downtown complete with river and waterfalls. I would love to see this spot in the spring or summer. I'm sure it is stunning!

falls park on the reedy
falls park greenville sc
lucky brand ankle boots

I wasn't above snapping a gratuitous amount of foot selfies. I'm a huge fan of these Lucky Brand ankle boots and have been wearing them everywhere lately. They go with just about anything and have held up well on some long impromptu walks.

falls park steps greenville sc
flowers in greenville sc

Some other favorite sites were Joe's Place, a local bookstore where we rested our tired feet for a little while; Mast General Store, an old-timey store complete with candy aisles, local knick knacks, and plenty of camping & fishing supplies; and the Swamp Rabbit Trail, a greenway that follows the bed of a former railroad throughout the city.

All total, we spent close to four hours in the city and managed to see most of the downtown area in that time (plus take a long walk on the greenway). I'm sure there are a lot of local favorites that we missed, but we had a fun time for planning the trip on a whim. Have you ever been to Greenville? What are some of your favorite sites/restaurants/shops in the area? I'd love to know for any repeat trips!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love Falls Park! Mark and I stopped there on the way down to Amber's wedding last April. We hope to move there someday-- it may be a few years in the future, but that's my ultimate, long-term goal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those booties! i bookmarked them when you had them on your gift guide but haven't gotten them yet :) this post gave me the inspiration to find a new city to take a day trip to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! The warmer the weather gets, the more I want to get out and go too. I think my days of Netflix and crocheting are numbered. ;)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe