Taking Stock - December Edition

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

birkenstocks

Enjoying my time in Richmond. I've missed this city, its streets, restaurants, and all the people in it.

Surprising myself by missing Athens at the same time. They both have equal pull.

Making plans for Christmas and the year ahead.

Reading nothing at the moment since I was unable to squeeze any books into my carry-on, but I finished Landline by Rainbow Rowell before my trip and really liked it. A review will be coming to a blog near you very soon.

Listening to Death, Sex, and Money podcast. The great thing about podcasts is that, unlike books, they are very easy to travel with. I've listened to a bunch of episodes on this trip already, but I'm saving my episodes of Serial for the drive back to Georgia.

Contemplating a 2016 Whole30. I'm always in awe that I actually think of doing this diet, but I think my body is already craving a detox after so much sugary holiday goodness...and it's not even Christmas yet!

Trying new things like a blowdry bar and gel manicures. I've stuck both in my back pocket as ideas for treating myself during the eternally long days of winter.

Waiting for Mark to arrive. He had to work the past few days and I'm having deja vu of our dating days with me in Richmond and him in Georgia.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I think that a new year's detox is a fabulous idea. It's definitely something that my body is going to need, too!

    XO, blog.danyellbailey.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll have to share some of your recipes if you try a detox or diet! I'm always looking for new ideas.

      Delete
  2. I just got my first ever gel manicure on Christmas Eve... treat yo' self. :) Hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kim! I'm already looking forward to getting another one.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe