End of the Year Digest

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I started rounding up all the posts that I had written throughout the year in one huge end of the year digest, but as I was finishing it up I realized no one is ever going to read this. I wouldn't read it myself. There's a whole archive on the sidebar of this blog if you're interested in checking out every single post from this past year. Instead, I thought it would me more fun to round-up my absolute favorite posts from each month. I would say they are the best of the best, but they're really not. They're just the posts that I had the most fun writing or bring back some of my favorite memories from 2015. I don't spend as much time as I would like documenting our day-to-day on this blog, but I'm happy to have a few posts catalogued to remember the year by. 

January


This month is special to look back on because it was our last Christmas and New Year's in Richmond. Both of our families were in town at the time and we played tourist around the city - something I'm so glad we did, because I love looking back on these pictures now. 

Favorite posts:


February


I still remember the never-ending snow of February 2015. It was a tough month since we were stuck in the house sick most of the time. Mark plowed snow a lot with my uncle and brother and I spent a lot of quality time with Netflix. I also remember lots of trips out in the snow to get Sugar Shack doughnuts. :)

Favorite posts:

March


March brought the last bit of snow to Richmond. We were just beginning to make plans for our move to Georgia and squeezed in a springtime trip to visit some friends in Atlanta.

Favorite posts:

April 


April was a light posting month as I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this blog. It resulted in a lot of time spent on a content calendar and a blog makeover. 

Favorite posts:

May


May was a really good month. I think I was much more intentional about our days in Richmond since we knew we would be leaving soon. As a result, we spent a lot of time outside walking Monument Avenue and visiting some art festivals. It was also around this time that I started buckling down on walking every day (thanks to my fitbit). I loved walking around our neighborhood every day, before and after work. I really miss how walkable Richmond is!

Favorite posts:

June


On one hand, June was a crazy month because we had started packing up all of our belongings in preparation for our move. On the other hand, it was a really great month, because we got to squeeze in lots of weekend trips (plus a Secret Sisters concert) as a result of knocking out our packing so early. 

Favorite posts:

July


The word I would use to describe this month is whirlwind. We moved to Georgia and spent the first few weeks (if not the entire month) unpacking and organizing. We still managed to try a few landmark Athens restaurants and take a trip to Florida with Mark's family.

Favorite posts:

August


This was another fast month but that's summer for you, I guess. I spent a few days working from the Richmond office and got to see my favorite coworkers. Things in Athens started slowing down a bit as we got the last of the boxes put away and settled into our new groove.


September



We made an unexpected trip back to Virginia this month to attend my grandmother's funeral, but we got to see my family and squeeze a day trip to Richmond. We hiked Stone Mountain, finished another Whole30, and travelled around Georgia a lot. We spent a lot of our evenings at a local park getting in those 10,000 steps.


October


I think October was actually colder than December this year! We went on a camping trip in 30 degree weather and lived to tell about it. We explored North Georgia just as the leaves were turning and got to hike Brasstown Bald and Tallulah Gorge. I met my goal of going a whole month without buying new clothes and tried my hand at doughnuts for the first time ever.



November



We spent Thanksgiving with Mark's family in Georgia and then my sisters and I tackled Atlanta on Black Friday weekend. Talk about brave! ;) I went to my first yoga class this month and have been hooked ever since.


December




We rounded out the year the same way it started - in Virginia with my family. I flew up a week early to spend some time in the Richmond office and attend the company holiday party. We broke records with the warm weather, reaching almost 80 on Christmas Eve! 

Favorite posts:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love this idea! I have a "Readers' Favorites" lined up for tomorrow, but I kind of like this idea better. Haha, of course!! 2015 was definitely a whirlwind. It was for us too-- in a way, I'm kind of glad it's over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New years are always so exciting! It makes the list-maker and organizer in me so happy. Fresh starts and all that jazz. :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe