This Week's Notes 11.6.15

Friday, November 06, 2015

yellow-flowers

Five things that made me happy this week:
  • Getting a library card 
  • Long evenings spent reading books because of said library card
  • A clean house
  • Going through old photos. Oh, nostalgia.
  • Adult coloring books.
I've had white fireplaces on the brain lately. Would you paint your's white? Mark's not convinced, but I love them!

'Tis the season for campfires and s'mores. I love the idea of adding bacon to create a savory s'more.

NPR launched a guide of the most interesting podcast episodes — called Earbud.fm

It's like I wrote this article: The Zen of Adult Coloring Books
Why do I need to do two things at once? Why can't I just sit quietly and enjoy a TV show? In part, it's because I feel a little less lazy if I'm making something while I wile away the hours with Friday Night Lights. But also, I'm watching TV in the first place to relax, to quiet my mind, and often my mind is loud enough that it shouts over Coach Taylor. I really do think that a lifetime of multitasking has left me occasionally incapable of subduing the entirety of my mind with one activity. If the front of my mind is occupied by the show, and the back is focused on picking colors and staying in the lines, there's not room for much else. It's a sort of mindfulness that's more like mind-fullness. 

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I always enjoy your end the of week roundup posts. There's always something interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abi! I love putting them together too.

      Delete
  2. My mother painted her fireplace white years ago! I followed suit about six years ago and love it. Brightens the room and frankly, we do not use it much. In CA, too much air quality at stake.
    I am a chronic multi-tasker and cannot wait to get a hold of an adult coloring book. My daughter wants one for Xmas.
    Watching tv without a project~ unheard of!!! If I could take a project to the movies. I would..... XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe