This Week's Notes 11.20.15

Friday, November 20, 2015


It has been a heavy week which correlated to a light one on the blog. But I'm excited to end the week on a high note with this gorgeous weather and a few friends coming over for dinner. There's going to be chocolate cake - what else can a girl ask for?

Here are five things that made me happy this week:
  • Seeing The Secret Sisters in concert with John Paul White. We got to see these gals play when we lived in Richmond and they are seriously the sweetest. 
  • Monday night plans. I think I may have learned the secret to surviving Mondays: plan something fun for Monday nights! I can't believe it's taken me twenty-four years to figure that out.
  • Walking into TJMaxx with a specific outfit in my head and walking out with that exact outfit. When does that ever happen?!
  • Going to my first ever yoga class. I loved it and am already looking forward to the next one. 
  • Making a list of things to bake for Thanksgiving dinner. My stomach is already growling!
I was glad for this reminder this week.

My bed is one of my favorite places. Here are 20 great ideas to spruce it up.

When nothing's too small to complain about
The smartphone in particular has facilitated extemporaneous caviling. Irritations that the passage of time may have soothed can, in the moment, be immediately expressed to an audience. Often these complaints take the form of a narrative developing in real time: the talkative taxi driver, the hostile airline ticket clerk, the interminable security line, the malodorous seatmate and crying baby. Such threads pick frequently pick up steam as the audience validates or shares the narrator's post; the nuisances others must contend with can make for excellent vicarious entertainment, and accreting Likes tend to fuel the microcomplainer.

I've loved getting a peek behind-the-scenes of people's jobs through the Career Series on the blog lately, so this article about a book designer's job was really fascinating to me.

'Tis the season for holiday shopping. Angela rounded up 100 online websites where you can shop small this year. I'm enjoying checking out all of these new-to-me shops!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe