This Week's Notes 11.13.15

Friday, November 13, 2015

downtown-streets

If there was ever a week to count your blessings, this was it. Non-stop rain plus a basement flood is a deadly combination. Add some cabin fever and all-around crankiness to that and you've got the perfect moment for a weekend to arrive.

Five things that made me happy this week (I struggled, but I found them):
  • A husband who runs a shop-vac for hours to fix said flooded basement
  • Chinese takeout for the nights when the last thing I want to do is cook a meal
  • Cozy blankets to spend evenings on the couch with
  • A few days of sunshine to remember what vitamin D is
  • Walking down a sidewalk of crunchy leaves
The Norwegian Secret To Enjoying a Long Winter
In northern Norway, people view winter as something to be enjoyed, not endured, and that makes all the difference.

Have you heard about this movie? I'm a sucker for any movie about journalists. Plus Rachel McAdams.

Simple living isn't always picture perfect. Sometimes it's frozen pizza on a Tuesday night.

Why opening a chip bag is so disappointing. Sidenote: I love the way Brits refer to chips as crisps.

Loved this interview with Tina Roth Eisenberg. Swissmiss was one of the first blogs I ever started reading. :)

The Internet is what you make it
The Internet is an incredible place to share your interests. If you love writing, be a blogger. If you love fashion, take photos of your clothes. If you love performing, grab a camera. If you love music, upload it straight to YouTube. If you want to illustrate, share it on Tumblr. The list goes on. But, remember the art. Remember the craft. Remember the reason why.

I just ordered our holiday cards from Minted again this year. If you're in the mood to create holiday cards this weekend, Minted is offering 20% off their foil pressed cards. Use the code FOIL to get the discount.

Here's what happened on the blog this week:
The November edition of Taking Stock (a quick run-down of what I'm up to this month) went live. I never got around to doing this post last month, so it was fun to bring it back again.

I shared four new-to-me blogs that I've added to my blogroll recently.

Lana from the blog Newman's Nest rounded out the #CareerSeries by writing a guest post about her role as an Operations Supervisor at Anthropologie. P.S. If you, or someone you know, would be interested in contributing to this series, by all means let me know! I'd love to have you.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe