Gift Guide #1: Something She Wants

Tuesday, November 24, 2015


Have you heard the golden rule for Christmas shopping? Something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read. Typically, this is shared as a guide for shopping for kids, but I thought it could be a good rule of thumb for anyone on your shopping list this year. Today, I'm sharing the first of a few gift guides. Keep an eye out over the next few weeks for the rest of them. This one is centered on the "something they want" idea (also known as: something I want ;). The best part is that everything listed here is less than $50. I love that there are sweet, meaningful gifts out there that don't have designer price tags.

gift-guide

Adult Coloring Book / These have become very popular this year, but I think all of us have secretly known the joy of sitting and coloring...even if it meant coloring a Sesame Street scene from a kid's coloring book. This book looks so beautiful and much more fun to color than Elmo. Don't forget to wrap up a box of colored pencils or markers with this gift. I'm still trying to figure out the best ones to get. Any recommendations?

Funny Vase + Cactus /  This gift is sure to get a chuckle and, as we enter the longest part of winter, a little greenery is never a bad thing! Plus, a cute little cactus plant requires minimal plant skill to keep it alive so no green thumb required. 

Pineapple Print / I love the simplicity of this classic pineapple print. It would make a cute addition to a gallery wall, office, bookshelf, kitchen, bedroom. The possibilities are endless! 

Hand-lettering Book / For someone who is always looking for a new hobby to pick up during the long winter months, this book on hand-lettering is perfect. I've been wanting to go to a workshop, but having a few tips & tricks under my belt beforehand would be good! 

gift-guide

The 52 Lists Project / If there's a person in your life who loves making lists, this book is for them. It includes 52 list prompts - one for every week of the year - plus space to add your own lists. You can read more about the author and her project here

Field Pouch / We could all use a little something to help organize all the coins, hairpins, and paraphernalia that take up residence in the bottom of our bags and purses, amiright? 

Canvas Home Essential Candle / Mark has declared war on all of my candles lately. Apparently, lighting candles in the house leaves the scent on his clothes which is bad for deer hunting. Heaven help us. The good news is hunting season ends at the end of the year, so I can start lighting all the candles I want again. This one is fresh-cut grass scented. Maybe the deer won't notice?

Woven Wall Hanging / I've had my eye on one of these for awhile now. I love those mid-century vibes! I'm learning that there is a huge range of prices for handmade wall hangings, most of which are not cheap. It is understandable, though, considering the amount of time that goes into each one. But if you're like me and can't afford to shell over the big bucks just yet, this one from Urban Outfitters is a great alternative. If you are able to spend more, however, I think this one is gorgeous!

Stay tuned for the "Something She Needs" gift guide next week. 
P.S. You may also enjoy this gift guide from last year or this one of gifts under $20

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. This little gift guide is so cute!
    XO, danyellbailey.com

    P.S. BTW, you're minimal blog looks so good!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the sweet compliment! Glad you liked it.

      Delete
  2. Love this. Was just coloring in a book I bought while traveling last month...so relaxing!

    Angela

    http://iffoundmake.com (google always logs me into the wrong account!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'll be using mine a lot more now that it's getting colder. It's the perfect wintertime hobby. :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe