A Few Favorite Fall Recipes

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

fall-recipes
While we were doing Whole30 recently, I would go on Pinterest to search for recipes only to find myself gazing longingly at a photo of macaroni & cheese instead. I promised myself that when we finished, I would not take for granted to ability to make whatever dish I so chose right here in my own kitchen. I'm not a great cook, but I can follow a recipe most of the time. And, yet, I still find myself slamming cabinet doors and yelling, "We're going to Zaxby's!" at 8:00 at night. Thus, began a mission to be better at meal planning and make those darn Pinterest recipes that I keep pinning all the time.

Here are a few favorites we've tried lately:

Baked Penne with Chicken and Sun-dried Tomatoes
This one made me feel like a full-fledged Martha Stewart. It turned out perfectly, although it did take a little longer to make than I prefer. 9/10

Cheesy Ham & Potato Bake
This is one of my all-time favorites to make when you're in the mood for fast, easy, comfort food. 10/10

Cinnamon Honey Butter
You know a recipe is going to turn out good when you would gladly eat each one of the ingredients by itself. Well, maybe not cinnamon, but everything else yes!  9/10

Apple Crisp
This dessert will definitely be on repeat in the Torres household from now on. Mostly, because of how incredibly simple and quick it was to make. Also, apples! 10/10

Apple Cider Doughnuts
I should just have Mark review these for you, because he was the one who ate almost every one of them. I used my Sunbeam doughnut maker instead of baking them in the oven and, although it can't make quite as many at a time, it did go much faster I think.  8/10 (although Mark's rating would be much higher ;)

Macaroni & Beef with Cheese
I actually ate these leftovers for lunch today and they are just as good the second time around. Serve it with some fresh tomatoes on the side and you can't go wrong with this classic. 10/10

What are your favorite recipes to make this time of year? Please share so I can keep my meal planning momentum up!

P.S. You may also like this recipe for caramel apple spices.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe