This Week's Notes 9.4.15

Friday, September 04, 2015


How was your week? I was dealing with a stuffy sinus and runny nose all weekend and was certain this was the annual fall cold that was going to hang around until October. Thankfully my melodramatics didn't prove true and I was feeling like a living person again by mid-week.

In other news, I tried my first barre class this week! I have been hemming and hawing about it ever since I put it on my list of things to do this summer. I followed the local barre studio on Instagram and would look at their photos thinking I really should sign up for a class and then promptly scroll to the next edited square of donuts and put that thought out of my mind. Then the stars aligned for a $5 class on a day when I was available, so I had no more excuses. My sister went with me and, although there were times when I had no idea what I was doing, we both agreed that it was a tough workout. Which was good! I hate feeling like I'm just wasting an hour of my time doing nothing. My fear going into the class wasn't that I would hate it, but that I would love it and go completely broke buying classes. I'm not ready to commit to a membership quite yet, but I did get bitten by the class activity bug. I've started searching for yoga classes, pilates classes, and even some calligraphy classes to take! Athens is full of fun activities like that and there are so many local shops and studios that offer classes for fairly reasonable prices. I'm excited to check some of them out this fall and winter!

Now I'm off to peace out until Tuesday. We weren't going to do anything for the long weekend (stay home. sleep in. amen.) but then a boat load of plans kind of came together at the last minute so we will probably be spending the majority of our weekend in the car. Let's call it an adventure rather than a super long car ride. Have a good one!

This is the best explanation of Snapchat I've seen so far.

For all you FitBit wearers: David Sedaris' essay on wearing a FitBit is hilarious!

How do people make a living? This is a really interesting series.

Absolutely no one has it all figured out. There will never be a moment when I can close my laptop, cross my arms smugly and say, "Welp! That's it! I've finished the internet and I know how to do it."

The problem with nostalgia.

39 fun ways to enjoy the last days of summer.

Gorgeous photos of a flower farm in North Carolina.

Here's why you should stick one foot out of the covers at night. It's a legit thing!

How to become a morning person. Being a morning person means actually doing stuff, so do stuff, but keep it reasonable. Like don't do math, but maybe do yoga.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe