Over the Weekend / 24 Hours in Richmond

Monday, September 14, 2015

   

We were in Virginia over the weekend and made it to Richmond for one night and three wonderful meals. Richmond is the wrong city to visit if you're trying to stick to a diet. We couldn't help but make stops at the Continental for mac & cheese, Sugar Shack for pumpkin spice doughnuts, and Bottoms Up for some Chesapeake crab pizza. Mmmmm. So good, but so bad. I need to eat nothing but salads and water for the rest of the week.

Saturday was overcast with a few thunderstorms rolling through, but we managed to avoid the rain long enough to take a walk down Monument Avenue and through Carytown. We walked past my old college apartment and I became all nostalgic about times when I would talk on the phone with Mark as I walked those sidewalks home from class. We drove by our old house in the West End (stalker alert!) and reminisced on the yard we were constantly mowing and the screened porch that we loved. It's hard to know how to feel about Richmond. On one hand, I really miss living in that city but I also really love our new home in Athens. I didn't know it was possible to miss a place, but also be really happy somewhere else. I think the key is to just visit a lot. We'll be back, RVA! Enjoy your bike race.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. OMG those donuts, I wouldn't have been able to resist either. I haven't been to Richmond in so long, despite only being around 4 hours away. I need to plan a weekend trip to check some of these places out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Kit kats on a donut?! Who has the self-discipline to resist that?

      Delete
  2. I love your pictures of Richmond! I've never been but I would love to visit all these fun spots you blog about!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Abi! It really is a fun city to visit. I appreciate it more now that we're not living there anymore.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe