Life Lately

Wednesday, September 09, 2015


+ I've been doing some thinking recently about what I want to write for this blog and I realized that some of my favorite posts on other blogs are a peek into their daily lives. Even if it's just a post full of photos...maybe, especially if it's a post full of photos. Through the years, I've done a few Life Lately and Around Here posts as well as the monthly Taking Stock series. But I've decided I want to turn these Life Lately posts into a series of the little things that make up my days, weeks, and months. I'm also hoping to use it as a challenge to pull the big camera out to take pictures of our daily life rather than relying on my phone so much - even though I love that little phone camera! So here's an update on what I've been up to with a few photos from life lately. I didn't do so well this week with taking lots of photos, but I'm hoping to get better at it. Bear with me!

+ The mornings have been cool enough lately to start eyeing the sweaters in my closet. Some mornings I'll give in and pull one on, only to rip it off a few hours later when the temperature tops 90° and reminds me that summer is most definitely still in town. Still, there are subtle traces of fall — even here in the steamy South.


+ I've been trying hard to meet my steps goal every day. I get so proud when I feel that vibration on my wrist and immediately go to show Mark...who then shows me his step count that is double and triple mine. #PartyPooper. I've also started trying my hand (and joints and every other muscle in my body) at yoga lately. I'm thinking of trying Yoga With Adrienne's 30 Day Challenge soon. Anyone else tried it? I love her videos and sense of humor!

+ I've started using Google Photos and, although I'm still learning all it's buttons and whistles, I love having a place to store my photos without using up all of my phone's storage. I can't tell you how many times I have gone through a rapid delete of photos in order to free up storage. This post has helpful step-by-step instructions for transferring your photos to Google Photo if you are interested.


+ I lit a candle the other night before bed and it instantly put me in the mood for fall decorating and cozying up this house of ours. There are boxes still stuffed in corners and empty spaces that we just never took the time to fix up this summer, but I think it's time for a change. One of my favorite parts of fall and winter is that period of time in the evenings when it's too dark (and cold) to do anything outside, but too early for bed. That's when the lamps get turned on, the candles get lit, the record player comes on, and we get to just chill. Except this fall, I don't want to chill while staring at a box full of clutter that never got unpacked and an empty wall with a lone screw in it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe