This Week's Notes 8.21.15

Friday, August 21, 2015


For the first time in two months, I was able to consistently get 10,000 steps every day this week. I gave myself a pat on a the back and a cashew cookie Larabar, because #whole30. Speaking of, we also succeeded at our first (second) week of no dairy, no grains, no sugar, and no a-lot-of-other-stuff. Yay for little successes. We're hoping to celebrate this weekend by going out to an actual restaurant where talented people cook the food for you and even do the dishes afterwards! What a novelty. We're still sticking to the rules, though, so we're thinking Longhorn's or somewhere similar where we can feast on steak and veggies and seafood without cheating. And I knowwww we could cook that at home ourselves, but this girl needs a break. Whole30 would be so much easier if someone just sat the plate of food down in front of you at every meal. Who's game to open a Whole30 restaurant that the rest of us can go to?

The rest of our weekend is going to involve a little bit of relaxing, a little bit of work, and hopefully some adventures to break up the routine. Have a good one! Here are some links for your weekend:

I am, unfortunately, a part of the RBF club. It's just my face, okay.

What happened with this email-a-tree project is really cute.

Maybe one day I'll be this good at meal planning.

This Etsy shop makes all my mid-century decorating ideas come true.

Aren't these merino wool blankets the prettiest you've ever seen?

I just discovered Minted's curtain collection. Uh-oh.

Problem solved: Meet Phone-Brella.

CreativeMornings just launched a website called SKILLS where people can share their hacks and skills with one another.

The importance of personal to-do lists and why you should make one.

Vague social media statuses are a pet peeve of mine. This made me laugh because, yes, that's exactly what you sound like!

In case you ever need to know the difference between aw, aww, and awww.

Flowers and their vase counterparts.

This styling the seasons concept would be a fun photography challenge to try.

I've really got to stop looking at house tours because then I want to change everything in my house. I'm in love with this beautiful San Francisco home.

Do you use Bloglovin'? It's my favorite app for following along with my daily blog reads. You can follow me here.

In case you missed it, here are some fun posts from this week: 3 long reads / taking stock / night at the vmfa


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe