Night at the VMFA

Wednesday, August 19, 2015


One night in RVA last week, my sister and I took a walk to the VMFA. The sun was just beginning to set and the pink-streaked sky combined with the water reflections and art installations made it such a fun place to wander around right before dark. I didn't take advantage of this beautiful place nearly enough when we lived in Richmond, so I'm glad we got to enjoy it a little bit during my visit.

I took all of these photos with my iPhone so you can imagine that some of them didn't turn out so well with the fading light. I really love my phone's camera and religiously take all of my photos with it, but I do wish that it would take better photos at night. That's what filters are for, though, right?


^ Loved the reflections! ^


 We were those people, taking pictures of everything. It's been a long time since we've gotten together to snap photos of anything and everything. When we were in high school, we would plan whole days to just drive around and find cool places to take photos. Sometimes we would park in downtown Fredericksburg and explore every little alley and side-street we could find, snapping photos in doorways, coffee shops, and old cemeteries. Other times, we would head down an old dirt road near our parents house and look for old barns and the perfect wheat field. I found some of those photos recently. Some were really good and others made me wonder what our 16-year-old brains were thinking. We left out the embarrassing poses and antics this time and just had fun snapping photos together.  



200 North Boulevard
Richmond, VA 23220

When I was putting together this post, I realized I had another post on the VMFA that has been sitting in my drafts for the past couple months (whoops). It was just a few photos snapped during a Sunday lunch on the VMFA's patio a few weeks before we moved to Georgia. To keep them from living a lonely life in the drafts, I've included them below. As you can see, it was much brighter on that particular excursion and those Dill Pickle chips were the icing on the cake.



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe