Exploring Athens / 5 Instagram Accounts to Follow

Thursday, August 27, 2015


We've been living in Athens for a little over a month now and I'm starting to really like this little town (in spite of its spotty Internet and cell service #firstworldproblems). Starting is probably the wrong word to use because I have always liked Athens. But I'm starting to like it more as home and not just as that cute college town we would visit every year or so.


One of my goals for this summer was to spend a day being a tourist around town. The thing I didn't take into account was how incredibly busy we were going to be between unpacking, house projects, and work. That's not to say that we haven't had a few lazy evenings and weekends to enjoy, but in those peaceful moments we haven't really felt like traipsing around town like tourists.

Luckily, there have been a few moments when we've gotten out and enjoyed a walk or two down some of Athens' beautiful streets.

I had a thing for this pink house, obviously.

I'm still learning my way around town, but I felt very accomplished the other day when I directed Mark (the Georgia native who should know better) to the TJMaxx without using the GPS! Well, without using it the whole time. I know how to get to the important places in town. ;) Hopefully, there will be time for more exploring soon. The list in my phone of places to see, shops to visit, and events to attend is growing longer every day thanks to Instagram!

If you're looking for fun things to do in this city, these five Instagrammers are always posting about upcoming events and neat locations around town:


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. TJMaxx was definitely the first place I knew how to navigate to when I first moved to the bay area; that and Target :) I love wandering around San Francisco and Oakland as a tourist. It's one of my favorite things to do since moving here.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe