Blooming Succulents, Popsicles, & Roof Lines

Monday, August 03, 2015


This is the last of our trip photos, I promise. But, be warned, I saved the biggest photo dump for last. Although we stayed at the beach in St. Augustine a few weeks ago, we only made the trek to Old Town (downtown?) twice. Both times the air felt so heavy you could slice through it with a butter knife. One of the joys of summer in Florida, I suppose. The good news is almost every shop had their door sitting open which meant random refreshing blasts of air conditioning as we walked along.


A trip to St. Augustine just wouldn't be the same without a stop at The Hyppo. Popsicles seem to be having a moment right now and I will happily jump on that bandwagon any day! Although it was no chocolate sea salt from King of Pops, who am I to discriminate between popsicles on a hot summer day?! Their blueberry lavendar lemonade concotion hit the spot.


So obviously I went a little camera happy while we were strolling around, but the architecture (and the flowers and the boats and the water) in this town are just so pretty. Mark asked me one time how come I never had people in my pictures. I hadn't really thought about it before, but I started noticing a definite theme while looking through these photos. I was constantly taking photos of the roof lines and palm trees instead of what was right in front of me. That Spanish roof tile beats out a group of tourists any day! I did make a conscious effort to take a few snaps of the street, but it's kind of funny to see the kinds of photos we're drawn to the most. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. St. Augustine seems so dreamy! I haven't been since I was a kid, but would love to go again!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe