5 Reads for September

Monday, August 31, 2015


What books do you have on tap for next month? I've been trying to squeeze in as many books as possible before my Oyster trial expires in October. Honestly, though, I've been reading so many books through this app that I think it might be worth the $9.95 a month. I'm able to read way more titles that I can't find at the library and I would never be able to buy all of these books for that price. There, I've just talked myself into it.

Here's what's on my list to knock out next month (which happens to start tomorrow. say whaaat?):

Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahlan
I saw this book on someone's reading list recently and was intrigued. It's about a smart, highly capable journalist who works at a major New York newspaper, but suddenly finds herself in the hospital battling a relatively unknown disease. I really do not like books about sickness or disase, but after reading Still Alice, I've been drawn to books that open your eyes to what other people are battling. It really makes you thankful for the personal abilities we so often take for granted.

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein
This book was really popular a few years ago and has been on my list to read for quite some time. It's free on Oyster so I have no excuse now. I honestly can't even tell you what it's about - it's been so long since I added it to my list. There's a cute dog on the cover, though. I'm trusting everyone else's recommendations and going to give this one a shot.

The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty
This is another Oyster book that I hope to get through pretty quick. I enjoyed Liane Moriarty's Big Little Lies and have been interested in reading more of her books ever since.

Citizen Vince by Jess Walters
Again, this is another book that I want to read because of the author. I loved reading Beautiful Ruins last month and I'm interested in hearing the author's voice in story that takes place in a different time and era -- with a vastly different storyline.

In the Garden of Beasts by Erik Larson
I added this one to the list because I recently found it buried in a stack of books when I was organizing our bookshelf. Having a book on my shelf that I haven't read makes me all twitchy, so I'm hoping to get this one knocked out in September.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe