5 New-to-Me Bands

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

I am a huge Spotify fan and love setting up my own playlists to listen to during the day. If you're not into curating your own music, Spotify has some great playlists that they've put together based on genre, moods, artists, and even the day of the week. I've been listening to their New Retro playlist and have discovered so many new-to-me artists and bands. Here are a few favorites I've been listening to lately:

Their band's name is a nod to Jamestown, Virginia and Creedence Clearwater Revival. That was enough to sell me on them. 
Favorite songs: California Cast Iron Soul, Revival, Home



The Wikipedia entry for Pokey LaFarge states that he and his band are "making riverboat chic cool again." One of his songs was featured on an episode of Boardwalk Empire. That should tell you about all you need to know.
Favorite songs: Something In the Water, City Summer Blues, The Devil Ain't Lazy


I'm all about the grittiness in the voice of this Alabamian. 
Favorite songs: Quit You, Devil In Me, Only You


I kept thinking that Gin Wigmore's music reminded me of Amy Winehouse, but then I listened to them back to back and realized they really don't sound alike at all. So there's that.
Favorite songs: Black Sheep, Written In the Water, New Rush


I was loving this band and then I heard their cover of Johnny Cash and June Carter's "Jackson" and I was completely hooked. Someone referred to this band as a "rootsy Southern duo" and I think that sums it up pretty well. 
Favorite songs: I've Got You Covered, Jackson, High Roller

What have you been listening to this summer?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe