Taking Stock - July Edition

Monday, July 20, 2015


Marveling at this wonderful little creation called a dishwasher. We didn't have one in our last house and it is a dream come true to not have to hand-wash all our dishes anymore!

Painting everything. There's paint splatter on my toes and hands that just won't come off. My latest project is putting a fresh coat of whitewash on my pallet porch table.

Making constant trips to Lowes (see above). We're still new to this town, but we sure are familiar with the people who work at our neighborhood Lowes!

Watching the heat lightning at night and falling a little more in love with summer.

Finding my way around town, slowly but surely. The good news is I've got the route to Target and Lowes down pat!

Smiling at all the deep Southern drawls down here. I'm holding an unofficial competition on who has the deepest. I have never heard honey and darlin' so much in my life.

Reading The Skies Belong To Us. I started reading it while at the beach last week and am almost finished. It's a great read if you're looking for interesting non-fiction. Next up on my list is getting a library card. I miss having a stack of books on my bedside table.

Searching for the perfect blanket for our guest bed.

Listening to trains go by.

Wanting to buy all the throw pillows. Target has some really cute ones right now.

Watering my plants every morning. I bought two big planters to place by the front door of this new house and I'm crossing my fingers that my graduation from succulents will turn out okay. So far they look pretty happy out there!

Scrolling through With the Locals' Instagram feed. They feature insider tips to a different city every week. Atlanta was featured a few months back, but I've been scrolling through the whole feed lately and discovering so many cool spots in so many cool cities! It's like there's a whole world out there to explore, or something.

Drinking fruit smoothies every morning. I just can't quit them! I know there's a ton of fresh fruits available this time of year, but I was lazy and purchased one of those giant bags of mixed frozen fruits from the grocery store. They're already sliced and chopped and you can get whatever combination you prefer. So quick, so simple, and oh so delicious!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe