Simple Summer Side Dish

Thursday, July 16, 2015


Say whaat? Whitney's posting a recipe?! I know it's hard to believe. I am the least of the least when it comes to cooking/baking/anything-to-do-with-food talent. But sometimes I'll come across a recipe that seems so simple and straightforward that I convince myself it's safe to try. Most of the times it still turns out disastrous. I'm looking at you, pan-fried bananas.

This summer side dish was the exception, although I'm pretty sure it would be impossible to mess it up. Still, I'm all about something that's easy to make and still tastes edible! Here's what you'll need:


1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
3 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 bundle of fresh cilantro, chopped
1 squirt of Italian dressing
1 good shake of Lowry's Seasoning


If you wanted to get really fancy, you could cut your corn kernels off the cob instead of pouring them out of a can but let's not get too carried away. Add some Tostito scoops to the mix and you're good to go!

Adapted from this recipe

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe