Over the Weekend / Exploring Atlanta

Tuesday, July 28, 2015


We had a great time this past weekend visiting some old and new favorites in Atlanta. After weeks and weeks of house projects and unpacking, it felt good to spend a day doing regular Saturday things. We stopped first at one of my favorite places in Atlanta, Kudzu Antiques. I was hoping to find a set of bedside tables in the perfect price range and amazing shape (not too much to ask, right?) but no such luck. It was still fun browsing through the shop. There are endless treasures there! Those colorful pots and planters sitting outside looked so cheerful that I had to snap a picture. I think I've met my quota of flowers (is there such a thing?!) at the moment, so we left them for another lucky home. 

Kudzu Antiques and Vintage Home Store
2928 Ponce de Leon Avenue
Decatur, GA 30030


Next up was a visit to Ponce City Market. I have a feeling that this shopping center is going to be one of my favorites in Atlanta once it is finished. It is still under construction so there are only a few shops at the moment, but there is a whole slew of amazing shops coming soon! The building used to be the old Sears, Roebuck and Co. so you can imagine the neat architecture. We window-shopped in Goorin Brothers and then mosey'd through Anthropologie. We just so happened to be there on Anthro Day, so the whole store was on sale (score!) and I walked out with a top and a skirt. As we were on our way back to the car, I told Mark what a fun day it was. He laughed and said I was only saying that because I bought something at Anthropologie. It was a fun day for lots of reasons, but a sale at Anthro never hurts either. ;) 


 We had a late breakfast that day so to tide ourselves over for lunch we stopped by Dancing Goats Coffee Shop. The shop is fairly small, but their outdoor patio seating area has plenty of room and a very cool vibe. A delicious chocolate chip frozen mocha was the perfect splurge for a Saturday out and about.

Dancing Goats Coffee Bar
650 North Avenue NE
Atlanta, GA 30308

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe