June's Book Report

Thursday, July 09, 2015


Big Little Lies by Liane Moriarty
It took me a little while to get into this book and I'm not sure why. It laid on my nightstand for awhile and I debated quitting it. Eventually I picked it back up and I'm glad I did.  By mid-book, I was flying through it. The book focuses on the lives of three women: Madeline, Cecelia, and Jane who all live in the same beach town in Australia. None of their lives are what they appear to be on the surface and each woman struggles with her own big little lies. I've heard rave reviews for other Liane Moriarty books so they are next on my list to read.

Broken Harbor by Tana French
I started reading this mystery while we were at the beach and was instantly sucked in. Towards the end, I was reading it in every spare moment. Partly because it needed to be returned to the Richmond library before we moved out of state, but also because I had to find out who did it! I will admit that I wasn't exactly happy with how it ended, but I honestly think it would be hard to write an ending for this type of book that anyone would be happy with. There's so much suspense and build-up that's it hard to be happy once you find out who the murderer is. Regardless, I would definitely recommend it if you're looking for a thriller to stay glued to for a few days!

Didn't finish:
The Whites by Harry Brandt
I was about two chapters into this book when I picked up Broken Harbor. There was no turning back after that. I had to find out what was going to happen in Broken Harbor. And then someone else requested The Whites from the library so I had to return it. Not sure if I'll pick it up again or not, but I thought I would include it here if you've read it and have an opinion. Or if you're just looking for another title to read.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe