Giving Monday Its Due

Tuesday, July 14, 2015


Want to know a secret?

I kind of like Mondays.

Yep, I see those raised eyebrows.

Mondays get a bad rep and I get it. It's really hard to compete when you're following a fun-filled weekend, but I've learned that Monday's really aren't the worst day of the week.

Mondays go by fast for me. Maybe it's because I'm hopping back into a routine after two days without one. Or maybe it's because everyone is back in the office on a Monday morning and ready to get things done, which means my phone rings more and my inbox explodes. In a good way. There's constant work to keep me busy and before I know it, the workday is done.

But Tuesdays. Tuesdays are the killers.

These sneaky days come up behind Monday with a vengeance. After a fast Monday at the office, Tuesdays like to take their time. "Ha! You think it's lunch time already? It's only 10:05!" They're just far enough from the weekend to make the week seem never ending and just close enough to Monday to make me feel like I need more sleep.

By the end of the day Tuesday, I'm begging for a Friday to roll around.

This is random, I know. But I can't be the only one who thinks Mondays aren't that bad. We're letting Tuesday get away with laughing in our faces while it passes the blame off on Monday.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe