Athens Eats / Last Resort Grill

Monday, July 27, 2015


Before we moved to Athens, I had grand plans of exploring this town once we got here. I followed all the local Instagram accounts, scouted out the best spots on Pinterest and Yelp, and made notes in my phone.

Then the move came and along with it there were boxes and projects and working and organizing and more boxes and out of town trips and late nights falling into bed exhausted and suddenly it's been four weeks and we've hardly ventured downtown at all.


Luckily, I had an excuse to venture out to lunch last week while my sister was in town. After hearing rave reviews for the Last Resort Grill, we decided to give it a shot. They were pretty packed for lunch on a weekday, but we managed to squeeze into a spot on their closed-in patio. I was a little obsessed with taking pictures of the cool ceiling out there!


Somehow I didn't have a single crab cake while we were at the beach a few weeks ago (travesty!) so their Cuck's Carolina crab cakes with the red pepper aioli was a no brainer. It didn't disappoint and the price range seemed really reasonable for seafood. They have a lot of options on their menu, but I have a feeling I'll be ordering this again. It was so delicious!


The side of the building is covered with an enormous mural that was really giving off some Richmond street art vibes. Another plus! 

Last Resort Grill
174-184 W Clayton St
Athens, GA 30601

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe