This Week's Notes 6.19.15

Friday, June 19, 2015


This week
Packing up an entire house is not fun. I have yet to meet the person who exclaims, "Oh, I lovvvve packing all my belongings into boxes!" Maybe those people exist, I don't know. I am not one of them. Thank goodness the excited anticipation of moving makes up for the pain of packing. We finished packing our kitchen this week and I think it's safe to say that is the worst room in the house to pack. All those fragile dishes to wrap and protect. All those odd shaped kitchen appliances to fit into a box. And mixing bowls! Don't even get me started. They take up so much room and then you can't fit anything else around them! 

A moment I want to remember
Our house only has air conditioning in the bedroom at the moment so packing up the rest of the house in ninety-degree weather has been funnnnnnn. After a particularly hot evening, we took some Chinese food down to Pony Pastures to watch the sun set and cool off a bit. It was the perfect way to unwind and soak in a view that we're really going to miss.

A plan for the weekend
After listening to me pacing around the house, repeating "There's no way it's all going to fit!" Mark finally called and reserved a larger moving truck. I'm lovingly referring to it as The Beast because it is huge! We're driving it to Georgia this weekend. Wish us luck! 


And now, links!
Slow motion videos of exploding plants is a lot cooler to watch than you would think!
30 things to do with your blog when you're taking a break.
Struggling to clean house? Get some pretty supplies.
To-do lists that are worth making
A new way to handle business phone calls: stop scheduling them!
If you love I Have This Thing With Floors, you'll love this quilt. My sister-in-law made it and is selling it in her shop!
How to fit exercise in, even when you're crazy busy.
These awesome built-ins were all made using Ikea products!
Added this beach bag to my wishlist. It's just so pretty!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. good luck on your move!
    i just recently moved to western New York from Jersey and i totally understand the hassle. luckily the company i will be working for paid for movers and a moving truck (they pack everything too). it's rough moving states!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sammy! Movers seem like such a magical thought right about now! :)

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe