Read This: I Am Pilgrim

Tuesday, June 02, 2015


I think the amount of times you think about a book when you're not reading it is a good indicator of how great it is. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes was that type of book for me. I spent every free moment reading it and when I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about it.

Scott Murdoch (no spoilers) is a member of a highly secret intelligence agency that oversees all the other intelligence agencies. Kind of like Internal Affairs, but for spies. He is just beginning to think about retiring from the spy life when he becomes involved in a murder investigation that leads to an even bigger discovery.

As much as I want to gush about this book, it's hard. The story was riveting and kept me up way too late most nights, but it's not a story that you like. It's about gruesome murders, terrorism, and biological warfare. Not exactly light reading, but it's so good! It's hard to recommend this book as something to flip through while you're laying on a sunny beach this summer, but it's hard not to because it is such a well-written book.

If you're into thrillers or just want to read a really good book, this is my recommendation. If you've read it already, I'd love to know what you thought. It really is one of the best books I've read recently. I would even go so far as to rank it above the acclaimed The Girl On The Train!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I'm reading it right now! I think it's the quickest I've gone through a book in awhile! I made the mistake of reading a few pages before bed the other night... and stumbled upon the chapter about Fort Detrick... which I can see from my house. So that was fun. But ugh such a good book!

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe