Popsicles + Summer = The Best Combination

Wednesday, June 24, 2015


Another item checked off my summer to-do list and it's only the first week of summer!

The other day after work, I met my sister at King of Pops new pop patio in Scott's Addition. It's a small patio with a few picnic tables and umbrellas. They even have a Jenga game set up for visitors! I think it would be a great place to visit with a large group of friends on a hot summer night. Best of all, if you beat the current Jenga record, you and your friends get popsicles for free!

We were on a salty kick this particular day. I went with my all-time favorite, the chocolate sea salt, and Kelsey tried the salted watermelon. As you can see, their flavors are endless. I passed one of their carts at a recent festival and they were selling popsicles called The Elvis made from peanut butter, bacon, and chocolate. They aren't scared to try new flavors, that's for sure! I was a little scared to try that one, though. Some times you just have to stick with your favorites.

Thankfully, there are plenty of King of Pops stands around our new home in Athens. I follow both the Richmond and Athens location on Instagram so I can keep up with where their carts are on a particular day. If you're in the Richmond area and don't feel like scouting around for a King of Pops cart, though, definitely check out the Pop Patio!

King of Pops' Pop Patio
3001 West Clay Street
Richmond, Virginia 23230

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe