Hello, My Name Is...

Wednesday, June 03, 2015


Do you ever wonder who all these people on the Internet really are? We're all out here — on Facebook, Instagram, blogs, and Pinterest — but who are we? Even some of my favorite blogs that I follow on a daily basis are vague about some things. And that's okay. It's their right to hold some parts of their stories close. I know I do. That being said, it is nice to have a general idea of the person behind the blog. Sure, there are About pages, but we usually just read those over when we first land on a blog. I thought it would be fun to post an updated introduction of sorts here to fill in some of the gaps.


Hi, my name is Whitney and I would rather re-type something than use the copy/paste function.

Now that we've started off with an interesting fact, let's get down to the nitty gritty. I make up one-half of the twins in my family of six and grew up sharing a bedroom with my two sisters. I then moved away to college with my twin sister and continued to share a bedroom until I decided to marry a guy one day and share a bedroom with him instead.

I enrolled at Virginia Commonwealth University with the vague idea that I wanted to do something with writing, but no idea of a future career. After making sandwiches for a year at Panera Bread and filling out several job applications that went nowhere, my resume was passed on to a marketing agency who hired me as an intern while their main account manager was on maternity leave. I helped out for the two months she was out of the office and then just never left. Over the course of two years, I worked my way up to the account manager role that I'm in today. It is not lost on me that the career I had no idea I wanted seemed to fall out of the sky into my lap at the perfect time. I really lucked out and love what I do!

 My husband Mark and I met when I was 10 and knew of each other for another eight years before we started dating. We dated long-distance (he in Georgia, me in Virginia) for four more years before getting married on a gorgeous Virginia plantation during my last year of college. We moved into a little brick house in the West End of Richmond and have lived there for the past two years. He works as a tint & film installer and me, well we've already gone over that. This year, we celebrated our second anniversary of married life.

I started blogging back in 2012 after discovering A Cup of Jo blog and falling completely in love with the blogging world. Since that time, this blog has been a record of those first days in our matchbox college apartment, long-distant dating woes, wedding planning, wedding/honeymoon reminiscing, and a lot of posts about things I like in general. I have no idea what, if anything, this blog will turn into in the future and I'm fine with that. My plan is to just keep posting things here until it stops being fun.


Here are some of my favorite posts, if you'd like to browse around. If there's anything I've left out that you'd like to know, just ask! I may or may not answer. :)

Pictures at a fort
Honeymoonin' on the High Line
Our Wedding in Instagrams
Our Wedding in Polaroids
Making a Home from a Rented House
House Tour: Our Porch
The Thing About Pinterest
Hindsight
Love Letter to a Porch
Some Thoughts on Whole30
Learning to Crochet


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Aw I loved this Whitney!!! So fun to get to know you better :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alex! It was fun to put together.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe