A Summer To-Do List

Tuesday, June 16, 2015


The first day of summer is this weekend, but in some ways it feels as though it has already arrived. I'm all about stretching summer out for as long as it will possibly last, so that is fine by me. After a whole winter spent on the couch with Netflix while it snowed yet again, summer is the time to make up for it by indulging in popsicles and ice cream, and then balance it all out with an extra walk around the park. It's time to do stuff! 

So in the spirit of doing things, I put together a to-do list for summer (the best kind of to-do list)! Since we're in the process of moving, some of these are things to do in Richmond and others are things to do in Athens. I'm determined to not let a move steal our summer and hopefully this list will hold us accountable. We've already done one of the items on this list, but I'm the kind of person who adds items to my list after I've done them just so I can have the pleasure of crossing them off. The good thing with a list like this, though, is that you don't have to cross the items off — you can just keep doing them again and again until summer ends! Well, except for number 7. That one I only want to do once!

1. Spend an evening at the river

2. Eat some King of Pops popsicles

3. Lay on a beach all day

4. Visit the Georgia State Botanical Gardens

5. Visit the Georgia Museum of Art

6. Go to the annual Richmond Bacon Festival

7. Pack all of our belongings in a truck and move to Georgia

8. Go to a farmers market

9. Go tubing down the river

10. Read at least four books

11. Eat tomato sandwiches for dinner

12. Set up a home office

13. Take a barre class

14. Work on consistently getting 10k steps/day

15. Drink more agua

16. Spend a day being a tourist in Athens

17. Print pictures off my phone to put in albums

18. Go on a picnic

19. Spray paint our wicker set

20. Eat ice cream from Carl's (strawberry sugar cones forever!)



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Yay so much to do! Tomato sandwiches are so perfect for summer and yay barre classes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already found a studio in our new city. They're not cheap (oof!) but I've heard so many good things about barre that I really want to give it a try. Do you go to regular classes?

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe