This Week's Notes 5.8.15

Friday, May 08, 2015


This week
There have been so many good things about this week, it's a little ridiculous. The warm, summer-like weather plus some really exciting news has made me finish out the week smiling like a fool. Keep the good vibes coming, May.You're shaping up to be a really great month! 

A moment I want to remember
During our evening walks, Mark and I almost always run into this elderly, suspender-wearing man, walking his little black pug named Precious. "Little" is not a very accurate description, though, as she is the fattest little dog I've ever seen. She stares us down as we walk up until her owner finally tells her, "Go say hi, Precious" at which point Precious barrels over to us, snorting and drooling around our feet.  They make quite a pair and we've got several laughs out of poor overweight Precious. 

A lesson I learned
It's so much easier to get up in the morning when you set one alarm and have to get up versus setting six alarms and hitting snooze all morning. You guys probably already knew this, but my stubborn anti-morning self took 24 years to learn that lesson. Also, unrelated, but just as good: you can roast corn in the oven

A plan for the weekend
Happy Mother's Day weekend to all you mama's out there. We're planning a low-key weekend with a trip home to my mama's house on Sunday.

And now, links!
Two lazy things to do that will improve your writing.
A helpful tip (and some book recommendations) about vacation reading.
A recipe for peanut butter oatmeal balls that I want to try.
5 cool kickstarters. Have you heard of any good ones lately?
A very spring-like photo series.
I tried a standing desk this week and then read this article and felt good about doing it.
What does your favorite cereal say about you? I'm a honey bunches of oats kinda girl.
If I had an extra $146 laying around, I would totally get this swimsuit.
You may want to bookmark these helpful writing tips.
Looking for a good read? Here are some suggestions for this summer.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe