This Week's Notes 5.15.15

Friday, May 15, 2015


This week
The weeks are flying by so fast, it's hard to keep up. This week was full of work, after-work events, sneaking moments to read this book, and falling into bed exhausted at the end of the day. It has been a total whirlwind. But the good news is these whirlwind weeks have been sandwiched by the most relaxing weekends and that's all a girl can ask for, right? The photo above is from a jeep ride we took on Mother's Day. The boys were up front, navigating curvy roads and steep hills, while the girls were in the back, instagramming. So typical. 

A moment I want to remember
As much as Playing Settlers of Catan until midnight with some Richmond friends. Don't ask me how I got wrangled into playing (and maybe even liking) this insanely long game, but somehow it happened. 

A lesson I learned
Sometimes you gotta adjust your goals and that's okay. I've been doing pretty good at getting my 10,000 steps in until this week. Missing a morning walk really makes it hard to find time during the rest of the day to get extra steps in. So, instead of beating myself up about it, I dropped my goal down to 5,000 steps. Suddenly, I was getting closer to 10,000 again and feeling good that I was actually exceeding my goal.

A plan for the weekend
We have some out-of-town cousins visiting this weekend and that means one thing: family cookout at my grandfather's farm. Yay for grilling season!

And now, links!
As podcasts become more mainstream, so does podcast advertising.
Don't you just love looking at wedding photos? Here are 12 unforgettable moments caught on film.
My friend Abi wrote the coolest poem about visiting the South.
How smartphones have changed photography. This is kind of sad.
Check out this awesome Instagram account.
The next time you're having a bad day, think about these things.
These are the prettiest pencil drawings by artist Nettie Wakefield.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the shoutout to my poem! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! It's so good. I tried leaving a comment on your blog but it didn't post (bad internet connections). Anyway, the general idea was that I really like it!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe