This Week's Links 5.29.15

Friday, May 29, 2015


This week
 Mark and I cleaned out our closet over the long weekend and it has made a huge difference in the time it takes to get ready in the morning. It has me thinking that this capsule wardrobe trend is not such a bad idea after all. I was very anti-capsule when it first became popular. To me, having a paycheck to use as I please (including buying new clothes) was my privilege, so why should I give all my clothes away? I am learning, though, that having less clothes in the closet makes it so much easier to put together outfits without flipping through hangers for a good 15 minutes every morning. It might be a philosophy I stick with...or maybe not. I'm still on the proverbial fence.

In other news, we have had incredibly beautiful weather this week and that means taking time to leave the office for lunch. Mark met me one day on my lunch break and we picked up sandwiches from Stella's Grocery to enjoy outside. I am so bad about looking forward to the June and July months and letting these beautiful May days fly by without truly appreciating them. Here's to longer lunch breaks and more time spent outside!

A plan for the weekend
We are going to a Secret Sisters concert this weekend and I am so excited about it! If you haven't heard their music yet, I highly recommend them. I love their harmonies and old country/bluesy sound and was so excited when I found out they were coming to Richmond. 

And now, links!
I love everything about this wedding. Especially the donkey!
Dying laughing over this article: How to Replace All Snacks with a Handful of Almonds
I get most of my book recommendations from Elise's book reports. Check them out if you're looking for a new book to read!
The more you do it, the easier it gets.
I think I've mentioned my love for The Skimm before, but did you know they also create helpful guides about big stuff in the news? They do a great job at breaking down hard-to-understand issues.
Long live the paper notebook!
Serial is coming back this fall with a brand new story. And hopefully another in the spring, as well!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Follow on Facebook

Subscribe